A student's review by Bo Young, Shin(신보영)

페이지 정보

Name HANA Academy Comment 0 Hit 15,985 Date 19-09-18 14:01

본문

I was able to get an opportunity to study English at HANA for 4 short weeks. I arrived full of excitement and can't believe it is now time to leave and I am writing a review about my stay here. It was awkward in the beginning since the Philippines has a different climate and culture from Korea but it did not take more than a few days to adjust thanks to the good facilities.

HANA어학원에서 공부할 기회를 얻게 되어 4주간 짧은 영어 어학 연수를 하게 되었습니다.처음에는 마냥 기대에 부풀어 왔었는데 이렇게 후기를 쓸 만큼 시간이 빠르게 지나갔다는 것이 실감은 잘 안 납니다. 처음에 필리핀에 왔을 때는 습한 날씨와 더불어 한국과는 많이 다른 생활 문화 때문에 다소 어색함을 느꼈지만, 편의시설이 잘 되어 있어서 적응하는 데에는 며칠 걸리지 않았던 것 같습니다.

The dormitory was not big nor small but rather just the right size with clean bathrooms which provided me with comfort. The cleaning and laundry are done by the staff (They do it really well) so it really helped with my stay and made it comfortable. The air conditioners are really good as well so I think there is no need to be worried about the climate. The only thing that was a bit lacking is that the lights were not directed towards the tables in the room so it was a bit dark when I tried to study in my room. But since there is a study room, it was not too much of a problem. Hot water is available and the facilities in the cafeteria, water was good and the school even has a bar for snacks, If the students wish to rest from studying, they can dip their feet in the swimming pool and relax (They clean the pool daily). If there are necessities to buy, the students can go to the mall or convenience stores nearby. Based on my personal thought, I think there are no lacking parts when it comes to facilities.

기숙사는 넓지도 좁지도 않은 적당한 크기로 되어있고 화장실 역시 깔끔한 편이라 불편함은 없었습니다. 또한 청소나 빨래를 스스로 하는 것이 아니라 따로 관리를 해주시기 때문에(대충하는 것이 아니라 정말 깨끗하게 해주십니다.) 지내는 동안 편하게 생활하는데 상당한 도움이 되었습니다. 더불어 더운 여름나라라는 점에서 봤을 때 에어컨이 상당히 좋은 편이기 때문에 날씨를 걱정하실 필요도 그다지 없어 보입니다. 한가지 아쉬운 점은 방 조명이 책상 쪽으로 되어있지 않아 방에서 공부를 한다면 어두울 수 있다는 점인데, 강의동에 스터디 룸이 따로 준비되어 있으므로 크게 신경에 쓰이지는 않을 것 같습니다. 온수도 잘 나오고 식당 시설이나 정수기, 간식을 먹을 수 있는 바 등 편의시설 역시 학원답지 않게 잘 갖춰져 있어서 좋았습니다. 공부를 하시다가 쉬시고 싶으실 때, 수영장에서 발을 담그고 있을 수 있다는 점도 상당히 좋은 점인 것 같습니다. (물론 수영장도 매일 청소해주십니다.) 필요하신 물품은 근처 편의점이나 가까운 몰에 가시면 쉽게 구하실 수 있습니다. 이처럼 제 개인적인 생각으론 시설적인 면에서는 전혀 부족함이 없다고 보셔도 될 것 같습니다.

Now we will move on the lessons. My curriculum consisted of 4 hours of 1:1 lesson and 2 hours of group classes. There are many Filipino teachers but they are all very capable of teaching English. The fact that I was able to fix my pronunciation and grammatical errors through my everyday conversations helped me a lot. I think 1:1 classes are HANA's biggest perk. I have a fear of speaking with foreigners but spending 4 hours with them everyday made it possible for me to have conversations with them as time passed by. The teachers are all very kind so they plan their lessons to meet the level of the students. I also really like the fact that my lessons were not dependent on books but rather on things I wanted to learn and focus on by my personal choice. Since their are many levels available for group classes, the students may choose what level to attend and I believe that was a really good point when it came to group classes. CIP. I liked the firm foundation of curriculum but I wish to let the students know that the more effort the students puts in results with more reward in the end.

이어서 수업적인 면을 보도록 하겠습니다. 수업은 저의 커리큘럼에서는 개인 수업 4시간, 그룹 수업 2시간으로 진행되었습니다. 필리피노 선생님들의 비중이 높긴 하지만 그분들도 영어를 가르치는데 있어서는 아무 상관 없이 모두들 잘 가르쳐주십니다. 발음이나, 문법적인 측면을 평소 일상적인 대화를 할 때도 잘 고칠 수 있어서 많은 도움이 되는 것 같습니다. 이 일대일 수업이 HANA어학원의 가장 큰 장점인 것 같습니다. 저 같은 경우 외국인 공포증이 있어서 늘 아는 영어도 입 밖으로 잘 내지 못하는 편인데, 아무래도 4시간을 꼬박 단 둘이 있다 보니 시간이 지날수록 자연스러운 대화가 가능해 지는 것 같습니다. 또한 선생님들이 모두 상당히 친절하고 좋으시기 때문에 부족한 영어실력이더라도 수준에 맡게 잘 이끌어 주십니다. 책이 정해져 있기는 하지만 틀에 박힌 수업을 하는 것이 아니라 본인이 더 강조하고 싶은 부분을 얼마든지 조율하여 트레이닝 할 수 있어서 그것은 정말 좋았습니다. 그룹 수업 역시 수준별로 나누어져 있어서 수준에 맞지 않는다면 다른 원하는 수업으로 갈 수 있다는 점이 장점입니다. 수업적인 면은 기본적으로 갖춰진 것도 상당히 좋지만, 그보다도 본인이 노력하고 원하시는 만큼 더 많은 것을 얻어갈 수 있다는 점 참고하시면 좋을 것 같습니다.

Despite my time in HANA being short, I really liked the fact that I was able to hold conversations with many foreign friends and learn the ambiance of foreigners which can't be taught in Korea. The other amazing thing was that students are able to go to activities during weekends. In my case, I went to activities every weekend and the managers really helped a lot with my travelling so I was able to go to all the places I wanted to visit. The fact that students are able to travel when tired from studying is a particular and very good option available at HANA. I am happy that I was able to make wonderful memories during the past month. I hope the other students will be able to achieve what they desired during their stay.

HANA에서 비록 짧은 시간이었지만 한 달을 지내면서 많은 외국인 친구들과 대화할 기회도 가져보고 한국에서는 배울 수 없는 외국만의 감을 배울 수 있어서 첨 좋았습니다. 또한 원하신다면 주말엔 다양한 액티비티를 즐길 수 있다는 것 역시 큰 장점이었습니다. 저 같은 경우 매주 액티비티를 다녔는데, 잘 모르는 경우에도 매니저님들이 정말 친절하게 도움을 주셔서 원하는 곳에 모두 다녀올 수 있었습니다. 단순히 매일매일 공부만 하는 것이 아니라 공부에 지칠 땐 마치 여행처럼 특별한 활동을 체험할 수 있다는 점, 다른 곳보다도 이곳 HANA의 독특한 장점인 것 같습니다. 한 달 동안 예쁘고 보람찬 기억 많이 만들어 갈 수 있어서 행복했습니다. 모쪼록 다른 많은 분들도 모두 원하시는 것 성취하고 가셨으면 좋겠습니다.