A student's review by Saki (JPN)

페이지 정보

Name HANA Academy Comment 0 Hit 15,958 Date 19-09-18 16:26

본문

Hello,

I am a Japanese from Korea and I came to the Philippines with my Korean husband to study English for 3 months. We decided together to live in Canada in the future so learning English was a necessity. I came here because my husband needed good scores at the IELTS exam, and I, even though I did not need the score at the present moment, decided to come along to learn basic English for everyday usage. It is embarrassing to say this but I never studied English until I came to the Philippines. When the lessons started, I felt like I was the only one studying English from scratch because everyone knew how to speak English even if it was simple and basic. I chose HANA through an agency in Korea. I heard that there were a lot of native teachers here which would enable me and my husband to learn English from native teachers in the Philippines. When I arrived, I was not able to see the difference between native and Filipino teachers coz my English was too poor.

안녕하세요

저는 한국에서 온 일본사람인데요이번에 제 한국인 남편이랑 같이 필리핀으로 오게되서 3개월동안 영어 연수 했습니다. 저희는 둘이서결정해서 앞으로는 캐나다에 이민 하고싶다라는 목표가 생겨서 이제 영어가 필요하니까 어학연수 하러 왔어요. 제 남편은 캐나다에서 이민 하기위해 아이엘츠 점수가 필요하게 되었고요 저는 아직까지는 점수는 필요없지만일상생활에서 영어를 써야하기때문에 영어를 배워야겠다 해서 여기로 오게되었어요. 사실은 창피하지만 저는 이렇게 필리핀 올때까지 영어 공부를 한적이 없었어요. 막상 필리핀에서 공부가 시작 됐는데 주변 사람들은 영어를 어느정도 할줄아는 분들만 계셨고 되게 혼자 처음부터 영어를 배우는 느낌이었어요. 한국에서 유학원 통해서 이 HANA 학교를 선택 했는데요, 그이유가 이학교가 원어민 선생님들이 계신다고 들어서 우리 앞으로 캐나다에서 살아야하는데 필리핀에서 문법이나 원어민 발음을 배울수 있다고 해서 선택을 했어요하지만 막상 수업에 들어가보니까 실력이 너무 안 좋아서 그런지 원어민이든 필리핀 선생님이든 별로 차이가 못느끼더리고요.

I felt like there was no need for me to obsess over native teachers because with my level, the most important thing was to be able to communicate in English and there were many Filipino teachers who had pronunciation as good as the native teachers.

제가 영어를 아무것도 모르는 상태에서 수업을 들어서 그런지 지금 제 실력에 원어민 발음이 필요한게 아니라 우선 대화를 할수있게해놔야겠다고 생각을 해서 앞으로는 그렇게 원어민에 구애받지 않아도 괜찮다고 느꼈고요, 필리핀 선생님들도 원어민 처럼 발음이 좋으신 선생님도 많고요. 아무래도 문법도 잘 가르쳐 주시는거 같아요. 학생이 원하는대로 여러까지 방법을 알려주시니까 되게 좋을거 같아요. 선생님들은 저랑 나이가 비슷해서친구처럼 이야기 할수있었고 부담이 없이모르는게 있으면 편안하게 물어볼수 있어서 좋았어요.

The course I took, ESL, had no scoring system unlike IELTS and TOEIC so I was able to study at my own pace and personally, I think to talk to the teachers about different topics helped more than studying with a book. At first, I was not able to understand anything but as time passed by, I felt like I was understanding more and more during classes. I believe for people that can't speak English, the first thing to do is to listen to English. If this continues, they are bound to be able to speak in English. At HANA, students can find teachers that suit them best and can also interchange between native and Filipino teachers. I also made a good relationship at HANA. They all came here to study and we so kind with plenty of experiences. We were able to help each other and influence each other for the better by exchanging information.

제가 들어갔던 ESL코스는 아이엘츠나 토익 처럼 시험이 없기때문에시간에 쫒기지 않고 본인의 페이스 대로 공부할수있었고요, 저는 개인적으로 책을 많이 하는게 아니라 일반 이야기를 하거나 시시한 이야기 ,그리고 선생님이 말하는 이야기를 듣는게 더 저한테는 도움이 된거 같아요. 처음에 수업에 들어갔을때는정말 하나도 못알아들었었는데요 수업을 받을수록 점점 조금씩이라도 알아들어가는게 느껴졌어요. 우선은 영어를 못하는 사람은 무조건 계속 영어를 들어야 나중에 하고싶은 말들을할수있을거라고 생각을 합니다. HANA에서는 본인에 맞는 선생님도 찾을수있고요 그리고 원하시면 원어민이랑 필리핀 선생님을 변경도 가능합니다. 그리고 여기 학교에서정말 좋은 만남도 있었어요. 같이 공부 하러왔던 친구들인데다들 친절하고 여러까지 경험을가지고 있는분이 많으니까 서로 정보를 교환 하면서 도움을받을수도 있었고 서로 좋은 영향을 줄수있어요.

In the Philippines, I believe that I stayed mostly in school. But outside the school, there are marts, restaurants, and a huge shopping mall so it was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I think students can enjoy life in the Philippines while studying. If you study in HANA, you will never regret it and study in happiness.

Thank you

필리핀에서는 거의 학교에서만 있었던거 같은데 밖으로 나가면 마트도있고 식당도 많고 큰 쇼핑몰도 있고 제가 오기전에 생각 했던거보다 불편하지 않았습니다. 충분이 필리핀 생활을 즐기면서 공부 할수있을거 같습니다 HANA에서 공부 하시면 절대 후회하지 않고 즐겁게 공부 할 수 있을거에요.

감사합니다