Student's review by Ki Bum, Kim(김기범)

페이지 정보

Name HANA Academy Comment 0 Hit 17,557 Date 19-09-18 13:51

본문

I came to know HANA through my friend at first. He recommended it to me after he fell in love with the academy during his summer break one year ago. I also became curious regarding the academy after hearing many things about it and decided that I wanted to come here. The academy did not betray my expectations.

내가 맨 처음 HANA를 알게 된 것은 친구를 통해서였다. 걔는 약 1년 전 여름방학 즈음에 해서 와서 영어를 공부해보고 이 학원의 매력에 푹 빠져 나에게도 추천을 해주었다. 그리고 나 역시 이런저런 이야기를 들으면서 이곳이 궁금해졌고 꼭 와보고 싶다는 생각이 들게 되었다. 그리고 나의 기대를 배신하지 않았다.

It was difficult for me to study English in the Philippines at first. I have heard stories of how the Philippines had bad security and read reviews on how the students had a hard time understanding what the Filipino teachers were saying because of their Filipino accent when speaking English. But the reality was different. The number of native teachers available at the academy was one of the highest in the Philippines and the quality of the Filipino teachers was different as well. Some had grammatical skills and pronunciation that were as good as native English speakers, I also think that being able to control the number of classes between native and Filipino teachers and the content of the lessons is very effective.

사실 필리핀에서 영어를 공부한다는 것은 시작이 무척 어려웠다. 필리핀이라는 곳 자체가 치안이 잘 안되어 있다는 이야기가 많았고, 필리핀 강사들의 발음이 현지 특유의 발음으로 인해 알아듣기가 어려웠다는 후기를 많이 접했기 때문이었다. 그러나 실상은 전혀 달랐다. 인원대비 원어민 강사가 필리핀에서 손에 꼽을 정도로 많았고, 필리핀 강사들 역시 수준이 달랐다. 몇몇은 정말로 원어민 강사라고 해도 믿을 수 있을 정도로 자연스러운 발음과 문법을 구사하여 정말 인상 깊었다. 또한 스케쥴 역시 자신의 입맛대로 원어민 강사들과 필리핀 강사들의 수업을 얼마나 들을 것인지, 수업 내용은 어떤식으로 하고 싶은지를 조정할 수 있어서 매우 효과적이라고 생각한다.

I personally think the best thing about HANA is the fact that it provides a good environment to make new friends. Unlike other academies, where it is hard to start a conversation with other people because of the lifestyle, HANA has a pavilion where students can gather during break time or after classes and talk to each other. It becomes easier to start a conversation with other people and make friends with foreigners. On seldom occasions, people actually visit foreign countries and meet the people they befriended at HANA.

개인적으로 가장 좋은 점은 역시 친구를 사귀기 좋은 환경이 마련되어 있다는 점이다. 다른 곳처럼 따로따로 떨어져서 생활해서 다른 사람들에게 말 붙이기 어려운 환경이 아니고, 학원 가운데에 정자 같은 곳이 있어서 사람들이 수업이 끝나고 쉬려고 할 때면 종종 나와서 다른 사람들과 이야기를 하곤 한다. 그래서 다른 사람들과 이야기를 나누기도 쉬워지고 많은 다른 나라 사람 친구들을 만날 수 있게 된다. 그리고 이것이 인연이 되어 그 나라에 놀러가서 그 친구들을 만나는 경우도 종종 있다.

People say that it is hard to catch 2 rabbits at once but I am confident in saying that I was able to catch 2 rabbits after arriving at HANA. CIP I was able to feel that my English had really improved and I was able to make many foreign friends as well. We promised each other to meet when I visit their countries and in return, when they visit Korea, I would guide them. The two months I had here were beneficial beyond words. I believe that there is no other place better to learn English and make new friends.

흔히들 두 마리의 토끼를 잡는 것이 힘들다고 말한다. 그러나 나는 HANA에 와서 정말로 두 마리의 토끼를 다 잡았다고 자부한다. 영어 역시 내가 몸으로 느껴질 정도로 늘었을 뿐 아니라 다른 나라 친구들 역시 많이 사귈 수 있었다. 그리고 내가 그 친구들의 나라에 가면 만나기로 약속했고, 한국에 오면 나도 안내해주기로 약속을 했다. 두 달간의 시간은 정말 말로 다 할 수 없을 만큼 유익했다. 영어를 공부하고 친구들을 사귀기에는 이곳만큼 좋은 장소도 더 없을 것이다.